Whether you are uploading an existing mobile banner or are creating a new one in ONE by AOL: Mobile Self Serve using the Creative Builder, below are six design suggestions to consider when developing your creative.
- Think about your audience and use colors, styles and icons that will appeal to them.
- Showing is better than telling. Instead of excessive text, include powerful descriptive phrases and icons for your offer like logos, recognizable characters and brand names.
- Text in the banner should be 7 words or less and should include a Call to Action. Calls to Action can use words like "Download Now", "Special Offer" or "Get App Now".
- Avoid overly distracting animation like blinking text or icons.
- If you have an overly complex logo, use a simplified version as it will be easier to recognize in a small space.
- Don’t fake rounded corners or holes in the banner, since the app and site color may clash with your design.