There are three steps to receiving live ads on your application or site:
- APID Initialization. The APID associated with your new application or site must be initialized by our system. Initialization happens automatically upon creating a new APID and may take up to 1 hour. No ads will be returned until the APID has been initialized.
- First test request. After an APID is initialized it is eligible for test ads. The test ads will include a message indicating that your application or site is pending approval. Please submit at least one test request to qualify your application or site for live ad approval.
- ONE by AOL: Mobile Self Serve Approval. The ONE by AOL: Mobile Self Serve team will review your application or site within 24-48 business hours of the first test request. Once your application or site has been reviewed, you will receive an email and notification in your ONE by AOL: Mobile Self Serve dashboard confirming approval or denial. If your application or site is approved, you will be eligible to receive ads from live campaigns. If declined, we will provide you with the reason(s) your application or site was denied. You will then have the opportunity to address the issue and resubmit your application or site for approval.
An application or site can be denied for the following reasons:
- Dangerous Content – The application or site contains links to dangerous content that may include pages with malware or phishing.
- Inappropriate Content – The application or site contains content that violates our content guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to, pornography, lewd, offensive, misleading or illegal content.
- Unable to Validate Content – The application or site cannot be validated. This would include applications with a significant number of bugs or that crash frequently, or sites that are not available or do not render properly.
- Questionable Data – The application or site produces questionable requests or click data. Examples include detecting abnormal IP variation, country concentration, or unusually high click through rates.
If your application or site is denied, you may address the issue and resubmit it for review by following the steps below:
- Select the denied app from your Manage Apps page.
- Review the reasons that it was denied.
- Click Resubmit.
- Make the necessary modifications based on the denied reasons.
- Provide an explanation of what you changed.
- Click “Submit.”
If you have questions about the review process, please contact us.