Sell Your Own Mobile Advertising Campaigns and We'll Serve Them in Your App
If a business has reached out to you directly to advertise in your applications, but you don't have a way to serve the ads you sell, we have a solution for you. With Client Ads, you can sell advertising directly to your own clientele. Once you close the deal, you can use ONE by AOL: Mobile Self Serve's free ad serving tool to display those ads in your applications. It's one more way to grow your business!
About Client Ads:
- Easy set-up of your advertisers, orders and campaigns.
- Flexible configuration for each campaign including date range, targeting, pacing and pricing.
- Greater monetization opportunity as advertisers compete for your inventory.
- Manage delivery of campaigns to your specifications using our ad-serving technology.
- Review and export campaign metrics and bill your advertisers using the Campaign Summary report.
- Ensure delivery of your campaigns. Client Ad campaigns will always be served first, followed by ONE by AOL: Mobile Self Serve ads, third party network ads or House ads.
How to Set-up a Client Ads
Go to the "Ads" tab and select "Campaigns" sub-tab.
Add your "Advertiser". Enter the name of the company/business that will be advertising in your applications.
Create one or more "Orders" for the advertiser. "Orders" may consist of one or more "Campaigns."
- Your "Advertiser" is Joe's Pizza Shop.
- You would have two "Orders"; One for Q1 and One for Q2.
- Under the Q1 "Order", you would have two "Campaigns". Campaign #1 is pepperoni promotion and Campaign #2 is veggie promotion.
- Under the Q2 "Order", you would have one "Campaign". Campaign #1 is sausage promotion.
- Give each campaign a name that is descriptive, such as "Veggie Pizza 2-for-1 Aug 2011."
- Assign the campaign to an "Order."
- Specify the date range when the "Campaign" will run in your app.
- Specify Cost per Click (CPC) or Cost Per Thousand (CPM) pricing.
- Choose from two scheduling options:
- Specify a daily budget cap. For example, $50 per day.
- Specify a total budget cap for a given date range. If you select this option, our ad serving tool will smoothly pace the campaign - automatically accelerating or slowing the spend as needed to hit the total budget cap.
- Optional - Use frequency capping to control how many times a user sees the same ad over a specified time period. For example, three times in a 24 hour period.
- Select the applications where the campaign should appear.
- Optional - Target the ads to users in specific countries.
- Upload creative in sizes supported by your application.
- Specify a click-through or landing page URL for each creative.
Launch the campaign. Campaigns will begin serving within 1-2 hours of launch. Please allow 2-3 hours before checking reporting.
Making Edits or Changes to a Campaign
Before they are launched, you can make edits or changes to Client Ads at any time.
Active Client Ad Campaigns can be paused and/or re-started at any time.
Once a campaign is launched, you cannot change the following:
- The pricing model - For example, you cannot change a campaign from CPC to CPM.
- The scheduling option - For example, the daily budget cap cannot be added or removed.
- Campaigns that have ended cannot be edited or re-started.
Reporting Options for Client Ads
Reporting for Client Ad Campaigns can be found on the Campaign Summary and Campaign Metrics reports.
- On the Campaign Summary report, select individual "Orders" from the dropdown menu to see a summary of "Campaigns" under each "Order".
- Choose the "Clients" tab on the Campaign Metrics Report to see details for each campaign.